.

Come walk with me and my family as God teaches me what it means to be a Christian wife, grows me in Biblical womanhood, and deepens my relationship with Him as he shows me what it truly means to be a daughter of the King. As I travel this awesome journey that God has planned for me I further discover more and more about how He shapes me to be more in His image - how to live a servant's heart in being the wife to my wonderful husband and the mother of my precious children.







Monday, May 10, 2010

A Suitable Helper...

I will blog more on this subject later, however God convicted me yesterday while I was on my run...I need to be more of a helper to my husband. It seems that he does more to help and accommodate me and make my life easier than I do for him. He travels a lot and I guess in the back of my mind I have this mindset that when he's home I am deserving and entitled to "free time." (And I have read recently that we can make an idol of our free time.) I thought yesterday, how am I helping him and supporting him?...I need to do more of this, and it needs to be always in the forefront of my mind. He is the head of the home and out there working very hard so that we may enjoy what we have and that I can stay home to homeschool our children. After a week away, how can I serve him rather than focusing on what can he do for me??? That thinking is definitely not God's plan. I remember one day I called him at work only to ask if there was anything he needed me to do for him that day, and he replied, "that was nice." I don't think I've done that more than one time. So my prayer today is Lord, renew my mind so that I may be transformed in to a suitable helper for my husband.

2 comments:

  1. Michele,

    Thank you so much for inviting me to read your blog. It is just lovely to look at and the things you are writing are even more lovely. You've encouraged me to put my husband before myself. Not an easy thing to do. But with the Lord's help I can do anything. Even that! :)

    Love, Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Michele! I love what the Lord is teaching you! He is awesome and loving and kind and merciful! His plan is best and in it is where the fruit is grown!! Thanks for sharing!

    Love ya sister!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete